USER Experience RESEARCH PROJECT:
DATING APP "Seven DAYS"
Team Muqing Niu (UX design), Xuhui Xu (Project manager)
Role UX researcher
Creative Field UX, human-centered design, business idea
Time Since Nov, 2016 (Beta testing will be in May 2017)
“Seven Days” is an innovative, story-driven dating app designed for Asian women who are seeking a profound relationship.
To help Asian women feel engaged with the dating app and find a meaningful relationship.
Questionnaires completed by 277 respondents: 140 (male), 137 (female); Age: 20-35
- Less frequent use of dating apps.
- Negative impression of dating apps: “Shallow relationship”, “Tools for finding one-night stand, rather than a serious relationship”
- More frequent use of dating apps.
- Positive impression of dating apps.
- Interested in more playful elements.
Interview and focus groups, 15 females, 20-35
They hope dating apps can:
- Enhance the efficiency of getting to know people.
- Provide precise recommendation and save their time on choosing dates.
- Offer more details about their dates, such as their habits, tastes, personality, voice.
- Have “playful”, “humor”, “issues”, “stories” elements.
They don’t use dating apps because:
Lack of people’s details: such as habits, tastes, personality, voice.
Passive Personality: They don’t pursue new friends aggressively, but prefer other people’s recommendations.
Story-driven psychology quiz: Divide users into various personality types for better matching
Creative Story profile: Be well-prepared before chatting.
- “One-question choice game” for “Match of the day”: Increase the matching accuracy.
Chatting support: recommend activities and topics based on the user's interests.
After 7 days, users can decide whether to continue their conversation.
SITE MAP MAIN FEATURES
MORE SITE MAP SCREENSHOTS
Testing result: The users feel the profile does not provide enough information.
Make the profile more engaging
Enhance usability for first-time users.
PROFILE IDEATION: Story + Voice
An old Chinese saying:“You seem to see the person when you hear their voice.” Listen to a person’s voice, and you may get impressed in just a minute.
Why story profile?
Life is like a book. Create your book with mini-stories to reflect your interests, memories and friends.
wireframe V2.0 screenshots
First-time user guidance
Maintain user profile
Relationship progress: from engaging to lasting
A High-fidelity prototype is under development.
The app will be available in beta in May 2017.